Optimize Capital Markets recognizes the importance of privacy and follows these key principles:
- Optimize Capital Markets is responsible for personal information under its control and has designated individuals to be accountable for the organization's compliance.
- The purposes for which personal information is collected will be identified at or before the time the information is collected.
- Knowledgeable consent will be obtained for the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information.
- The collection of personal information is limited to that which is related to the purposes identified by Optimize Capital Markets. We will collect personal information by fair and lawful means.
- Personal information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to ensure that personal information is as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
- Personal information will be protected by reasonable security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information.
- We are open about our privacy policies and procedures and therefore ensure that those privacy policies and procedures are available for review.
- Upon request, and within a reasonable period of time, an individual will be informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of his or her personal information and will be given access to that information, except where the law requires or permits us to deny access. An individual is entitled to comment on the accuracy and completeness of his or her personal information, and have that information amended where appropriate.
- An individual can contact, inquire and challenge the compliance with the above principles by contacting Chief Privacy Officer at P2P Financial Inc., 2 Bloor Street West, 7th Floor, Toronto, ON M4W 3R1, 416-907-6733, firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are some simple yet very important steps you can take to protect your privacy:
Notify P2P Financial Inc at 416-907-6733 immediately if:
- You believe someone has obtained your email and password
- You believe your personal or financial information has been compromised
- You believe you have been the victim of identity theft, or that someone is using your personal information fraudulently
Choosing your Display Name and Passwords
Your Display Name is what other Registered Users and Visitors to the Site use to identify you.
It is a good practice to select a password for your profile that is unique, a combination of letters, numbers and symbols, and is not predictable or easy to guess. When choosing a password, you must not use:
- Your name or a close relative's name
- Your birth date, year of birth, telephone number or address, or a close relative's
- Your Display Name
- Any other number which can be easily obtained or guessed by someone else, or
- A password you use for any other service.
Protect your Email Address, Display Name, and Passwords
Your Email Address, Display Name, and Passwords are the keys to your profiles. You are the only person who should know them.
Never disclose your Email Address, Display Name, or Passwords to anyone, or you could be liable for losses. No Optimize Capital Markets employee or agent will ever ask you verbally or through e-mail for this information.
You should memorize your Passwords rather than keeping any written record of them. However, if you decide that you truly need to keep a written record, you should follow the following rules:
- Your Password must be disguised within the written record you make so that no else can easily guess that it is a record of your Password.
- You should not record your Password electronically on your computer in any way, and you should not store your Password near your computer (for example, on a sticky note placed on the edge of your monitor screen).
Ensure your contact information is up-to-date
Making sure that Optimize Capital Markets has your most up-to-date address or contact information will help protect your personal information from being misdirected.
Protect your privacy online
To protect your privacy online, you should clear your browser's cache after each session, use a firewall, and use up to date software to protect your computer from viruses and spyware.
You shall never post any personal information online including your name, address, phone number, email address, Social Insurance Number, driver's licence number, bank account, credit card numbers, etc.
Reduce your risk of identity theft:
- shred documents that contain personal or financial information before you throw them out
- request a copy of your credit bureau report periodically
- don't give out personal information over the phone unless you have initiated the call or know who you are dealing with
If you receive a suspicious phone call, e-mail or letter, contact us.
If you think someone is impersonating Optimize Capital Markets, or believe that you have been the victim of a fraud or attempted fraud through telephone, mail or e-mail, call Optimize Capital Markets at 416-907-6733 or e-mail email@example.com.